Hey, guys! Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great holiday weekend and are enjoying your summer so far. Our weekend was well spent with a few parties, including my father-in-law’s 70th birthday bash and quality time with family and good friends.
Just before the holiday, John and I went up to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin for a three day weekend getaway for a mix of fun and some much needed R&R. This was my third time going up to Lake Geneva and my second time staying at the award winning AAA Four Diamond luxury resort, Grand Geneva Resort and Spa. The first time I stayed at Grand Geneva Resort and Spa was for a friend’s bachelorette party a few years back which made my decision to stay at this resort again an easy one.
For two of my three trips to Lake Geneva, I chose Grand Geneva Resort & Spa because of its location, amenities and exceptional reviews. The resort is situated on 1,300 acres in the woodlands of Lake Geneva with 355 guest rooms and suites including their newly added luxury villas. They have two outdoor and indoor swimming pools, two beautiful 18-hole golf courses (rated one of the best in the Midwest), five restaurants, the WELL Spa & Salon, a fitness center and a ski & snowboarding hill, in addition to being a popular venue for weddings and/or group events year-round. Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is the ideal location for families, couples or a group of friends looking to sneak away for a day trip or for an entire weekend. The resort is conveniently located 3 miles from downtown Geneva, 90 minutes from Chicago and 60 minutes from Milwaukee or Madison, WI.
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa offers a weekly calendar filled with experiences and seasonal group activities for all ages, including a big fireworks show on July 3 that is considered the best in state and a small fireworks show every Sunday night from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Some additional activities and amenities the hotel offers include:
- Horseback riding
- Bike rentals
- Scooter rentals & tours
- Wine tastings
- Fitness classes
- Weekly classes
- Kids programs
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa has five restaurants & bars plus five cafes & lounges including:
- Geneva Chophouse -Upscale steak house; reservations are recommended and is also open for Sunday brunch.
- Ristoranté Brissago -Contemporary Italian cuisine.
- Grand Cafe -Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The breakfast buffet has really tasty cinnamon rolls and is only $19/pp before 9am or $22 after 9am.
- Links Bar & Grill -Casual atmosphere and is open for breakfast, lunch or dinner with an outdoor patio and stunning views of The Brute golf course and the resort’s private lake.
- Leinenkugel’s Mountain Top Lodge -Open in the winter.
- Lobby Lounge -Offers live entertainment and a great place to mingle with friends and have a cocktail before dinner.
- Grand Central -Coffee shop with freshly-baked pastries, salads, sandwiches and smoothies as well as a small range of toiletries.
- Evolve -Indoor lounge offering beer, wine and cocktails.
- Embers Terrace -An outdoor patio with a fire pit ideal for before or after dinner cocktails located outside the Geneva Chophouse.)
- Cool Water Pool Bar -Outdoor pool bar.
I can’t say enough great things about Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, the exceptional service we received during our stay or recommend a better family-friendly resort in Lake Geneva for your perfect summer getaway. Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is offering my readers a 20% off discount on lodging that is valid now and all through September 30, 2019 via this link here or with code: STILETTOS on their website.
A big thank you to Grand Geneva Resort & Spa for hosting us during our stay.