Well, hello there! If you follow me on Instagram then you probably saw a sneak peek of our fall themed front door entry yesterday so today I’m sharing a full blog post on our outdoor decor!
There are several reasons why I love fall so much. One being seasonal fall decor. You can keep it simple or go all out and easily transform your home to make it look festive and inviting. I keep it pretty simple by only decorating the outside with orange and white pumpkins in a variety of sizes to create dimension that I keep out from end of September through November. We purchased our large orange pumpkins from Costco for only $5.99/piece and our white ones from Home Depot which range in price between $8.99-$12.99. So much cheaper than getting them at a pumpkin patch. The straw bale (which can get messy) gives you that extra harvest touch, but if you’d rather not deal with straw hay all over, then opt for some large mums to offset the pumpkins.
This is the second year I went with the layered look which makes a huge difference and really makes your doormat pop. My rug and doormat both came out to under $40! I purchased the same doormat from The Home Depot as last year and replaced our striped rug from Crate and Barrel with a black and white checkered rug from Amazon. You can see last year’s front entry here. Our wreathe is from HomeGoods and I think we spent about $250 for everything.
What are some ways that you decorate for the season? I’d love to hear your ideas and any suggestions you might have and if you have any photos to share, leave a link in the comments below!
Happy hump day, all! I know it’s been a hot minute since I’ve last written a fashion post, but here we are!
So one of my favorite fall trends right now is flared jeans! Honestly, I wish this trend was just here to stay. Flared jeans/pants look the most flattering on my body type so you’ll see me rocking them here and there anyway. I’m just under 5’7 and I feel like they tend to make my legs look longer and accentuate my derrière. I think having at least one pair of dark flared denim in your closet is a must especially for us tall(er) girls.
Flared jean can be paired with a loose fitting top or slouchy sweater for that relaxed and casual bohemian vibe or if you want a more polished and sophisticated look, throw on a tailored blazer with a fitted top, bodysuit or cami underneath. There’s just something so chic about that classic 70s look that will just never go out of style, in my opinion.
What are your thoughts? Are you a fan of flares or no?
Happy first week of October!! It’s finally starting to feel like fall and I love it! The cool crisp air, cozy sweaters, pumpkin spice everything, scary movies (Halloween month), and of course, all of your favorite fall activities! Who doesn’t love to visit a pumpkin patch or an apple orchard around this time of year?!
Last weekend we went up to Jonamac Orchard with our good friends as we’ve been doing the past couple of years for a fun-filled day of apple picking, food trucks, baby goats and apple donuts. If you’ve never tried a freshly baked warm apple donut sprinkled with sugar before, you don’t know what you’re missing! Seriously. I bought a dozen. 🙂 If you do enjoy apple picking and if the orchard grows them, I would suggest trying Pazazz apples; they’re so crisp and juicy and my all-time favorite. If you’re looking for an apple orchard to visit this season, you can read all about Jonamac Orchard from a previous post, here.
Hey guys! So today officially marks 13 years since John and I met. In honor of our 13 years together as a couple, I’m sharing 13 fun facts about us as a couple and as individuals.
1. John and I met at Enclave nightclub in Chicago at a mutual friend’s birthday party on Sept. 25, 2005.
2. Our said friend and recent newlywed officially met his wife and asked her out on a date at my birthday party. (Returning the favor.)3. I noticed John and pointed him out to a friend at a club because I thought he was “really hot,” 6 months before we officially met at our friend’s birthday, although we technically briefly met a month before at the Chicago Scene Boat Party.
4. Although we have been together for the past 13 years, we’ve only been married 4. We got engaged on our 6th dating anniversary and had a 2 year long engagement.5. We technically have two wedding anniversaries. May 1 (our legal ceremony in Chicago) and May 10 (our symbolic ceremony and wedding in Cancun). We can never decide on which date to celebrate our anniversary so we technically celebrate both (or whichever day is more convenient that year).6. I was born in Belgrade, Serbia and came here just before my 5th birthday making me first-generation immigrant. I’ve only been back to the motherland twice since moving here and only recently in 2009 and 2016.
7. I speak Serbian fluently.
8. John is half Italian on his father’s side and their family is from Naples. John nor his dad ever learned to speak Italian and on our first trip to Italy earlier this year, we did not visit his family’s motherland.9. I have a strawberry birthmark on my right arm that I swear has gotten bigger over the years and I always get horrified looks followed by, “what happened?!”
10. John has a scar just below his right hip from hip surgery when he was little.
11. I was named after my aunt who passed away almost 2 years ago. My younger brother was named after our uncle that we never had the chance to meet.12. I danced Serbian Folklore for a decade of my life and begged my dad to let me quit before my junior year in high school so I can join the poms squad.
13. John is a scratch golfer and has played golf since he was 6 years old. He was MVP all throughout HS and the only freshman on varsity for golf.
Hey guys! A week ago my girlfriend Dani and I attended the Victoria’s Secret Influencer Event at London House hosted by Victoria’s Secret supermodel, Martha Hunt, and blogger, Olivia Rink, where we mingled with other local blogger babes, sipped on tasty cocktails and walked away with a couple of goodie bags. It was a beautiful event on a beautiful summer night.