Well friends, another year has come and gone and it’s already the second week of January. I swear, the older we get the years just seem to go by so much faster, don’t they? I guess that old saying, “time flies when you’re having fun” rings true. Anyway, now that the tree is boxed up, the confetti has settled and all the hustle and bustle of the holidays has subsided, I want to take this time to reflect on the year that was and highlight some of my favorite moments, milestones and accomplishments of 2016 that contributed to a successful, fulfilling and memorable year.
- I celebrated my 32nd birthday in February. Any reason to get together with my nearest and dearest is reason enough to celebrate, notably every new day we’re alive.
- John and I traveled to Park City, Utah for the first time on a snowboarding, skiing and snowmobiling trip (making it back in one piece). You can read all about it here.
- I started my fashion & lifestyle blog, Seasons in Stilettos, as a hobby, just before my birthday and published my very first post in March.
- My bestie, who’s getting married in two months, asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding making it my seventh time around as a bridesmaid (while also having the privilege of being a MOH twice).
- John and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary in May and ELEVEN years together this past December. (Phew! That’s a long time.) You can read about our 2014 destination wedding here.
- I had the opportunity to meet and spend time with a very special girl who’s been battling Wilms’ tumor (kidney cancer) for the past two years. Her attitude, strength and resilience has touched a lot of people, including myself, and continues to remind me what matters most in life. Continued prayers for Princess Sophia! You can read her story here.
- I completed my fifth work anniversary as a Legal Assistant at my current employer.
- I traveled back to my homeland of Belgrade, Serbia after seven years to visit my mother and older half brother who still live there.
- I traveled to Austin, Texas for the first time for a girls’ getaway and bachelorette party to celebrate our girl who’s getting married in NOLA this year. (Insert squeal here!)
- I received news that I’m going to become a first time aunt to a baby boy in March.
- My sweet and adorable goddaughter celebrated her third birthday while her baby brother turned one.
- I’ve let go of past hurt and resentment and have rekindled old relationships.
- I traveled to Akumal, Mexico to witness the union of my sister-in-law to the love of her life in a beautiful and intimate beach ceremony, in addition to celebrating milestones and special events for friends and relatives throughout the year.
- The Chicago Cubs won the World Series after an 108 year drought. #flythew
- John and I ran our first half marathon in Milwaukee, WI.
- My closest gal pals and I hosted our eight annual Girls’ Christmas Party and Secret Santa, a tradition we hope will continue for years to come.
- I received news that one of my best friends is expecting later this year (I’ll let her make the announcement).
- John and I flew in a private helicopter for our first time on NYE and then witnessed two of our best friends get engaged later that night.
With that being said, 2016, you were good to me. 2017, bring it on!
Shop my NYE look: