Hi, all! Happy Thursday! I hope you’ve had a great week so far. We’re taking my little nephew to a pumpkin patch this Sunday and I can’t wait. This will be our first fall activity of the season and just thinking about it makes me reminisce about some of my favorite fall activities that we enjoyed last year like apple picking.
Three years ago we started an apple picking tradition at Jonamac Orchard with our good friends the Meyers, but unfortunately the tradition couldn’t carry on this year because they moved out of state. I’m so sad they won’t be here this year, but you can read all about our apple picking tradition at Jonamac Orchard from two previous years here and here. I’m still hoping John and I will get the chance to go before the season is over since I’m a huge fan of their locally grown Pazazz apples and freshly baked warm apple donuts that are just oh-so tasty and delicious. Even if we don’t make it to our usual spot, there are several orchards and farms nearby to choose from. With that being said, I went ahead and compiled a list of 9 places to go apple picking near Chicago for all of my local readers and apple lovers.
- County Line Orchard: Hobart, IN (40 miles from Chicago); open August 28-October 31.
- Stade’s Farm and Market: McHenry, IL (50 miles from Chicago); apples, raspberries, strawberries, tomatoes and pumpkins available.
- Kuipers Family Farm: Maple Park, IL (55 miles from Chicago); open August 17 through October; apple orchard, pumpkin farm and Christmas trees.
- All Seasons Orchard: Woodstock, IL (65 miles from Chicago); open August 31 through November 2; apple orchard and pumpkin patch.
- Goebbert’s Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard: Pingree Grove, IL (50 miles from Chicago); open from Friday of Labor Day Weekend through October 31.
- Prairie Sky Orchard: Union, IL (60 miles from Chicago); they grow Asian Pears as well (John’s favorite); open Sept. 30-til available.
- Apple Holler: Sturtevant, WI (65 miles from Chicago); apples and peaches available.
- Honey Hill Orchard: Waterman, IL (65 miles from Chicago); no admission fee, straw maze and petting zoo.
- Jonamac Orchard: Malta, IL (70 miles from Chicago); corn maze, pumpkins, apple picking, apple cider and bakery.
Shop My Post: